Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 8 - Short term goals for this month and why

Phew! Yesterday was such a busy day! had to go see the doctors for my last consultation before the transplant. SO today I will be doing 2 posts - day 8 & 9.

So.. What are my short term goals and why?
Well this one was easy for me.

  • Exercise. I want to keep a regular exercise regime for not just the next month.. but the next 2 months so that I can be as fit as I can be bore the kidney transplant in 10 weeks. Mainly because I want to recover fast and put my surgery at low risk. Also so that I can have more energy :)
  • Diet. Now this isnt your ordinary 'need to lose weight' diet. No no no. I need to eat more meat, vitamin C and protein so that my hemoglobin (iron) can come up. At the moment it is at about 90 (very low) and they wont do the surgery unless it is at 110. Jsut so that Im not at risk of beeding. If my iron is low, then my blood wont clot as easily. I also need to watch my fluid comsumption and salt consumption to keep my blood pressure down. Wow, kidney failure sure can cause alot of problems aye?
  • Last but not least... Medication. I seriously need to remember my epo injections so that my body can produce hemoglobin. Its absolutely vital. I can eat as much meat as I please, but without the injection.. I wont absorb any iron. And I DONT want the surgery postponed.
So there you have it. My short term goals are purely to get ready for the transplant taking place in November. Cant wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment